Thursday, August 25, 2011

School time is when??

The last three days, Ry and I have been having school around 1 PM, when little T goes down for a nap. This frees us both up from the distraction of his often loud and energetic toddler play. However, Ry's been having trouble concentrating on his work, when his little next-door neighbor friends are out playing. They homeschool in the morning. SO........today we tried morning school. I think it went OK. It was definitely more of a distraction to have little T awake and making noise. I tried to keep him occupied with various activities in another room, but had to make several trips to tend to him during school time. I probably will do some of both in the future. Morning and afternoon. I'll probably mix it up some. The best part so far of homeschooling, is the fact that Ry and I can accomplish in under 2 hours what would take all day in public school. Then his day is free for his enjoyment! What a great benefit! We have 4 days of school under our belts. I think that we're getting into the swing of things nicely and I think I can safely say we are both enjoying school. Whew! What a relief!

TTFN,
Mrs. Mom

1 comment:

  1. It definitely is a learning experience for both of you. I imagine things will be different when the weather is bad. I like hearing how things are going! :-)

    ReplyDelete