Tuesday, August 21, 2012

First Grade!

Well, here we are again! It's that time of year! Next Monday we will begin First Grade. Feeling overwhelmed and scared to death once again a few weeks ago, I cried out to the Lord for affirmation and peace that homeschooling Ryan is indeed His will for our family. Within moments of that prayer, I felt an amazing sense of peace as He brought to mind what was causing me to falter in my conviction. In new clarity, I was able to give to Him those things that were causing me to question my abilites and our decision that Ryan needs the one-on-one direction that homeschooling provides. In the next days after that desperate prayer, I chose to cling to that peace with tenacity as I dove into school prep! And so, here we are. I am working on schedules and lesson plans and gearing up for 1st Grade!! God is so good! Praise His holy name! This year, we will be exploring more extracurricular activities which is great for Ryan, but is overwhelming me already. We signed him up for Awanas that meets each week, swimming lessons will take place sometime this winter and hopefully community soccer in the spring. All this in addition to our homeschool co-op classes and field trips and regular schoolwork at home. Sounds chaotic to me, the gal who hates to live in a car, but Ryan will enjoy it all. Hopefully, all those extracurricular activities will help relieve his boundless energy (and probably sap mine)! That's about all folks! I'd appreciate your prayers for wisdom, guidance and patience as I start the new year teaching FIRST GRADE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment