Friday, September 9, 2011

Success with Ordinal Numbers

Yay!! What a great feeling. I finally feel confident that Ry has a strong grasp of ordinal numbers, at least 1st - 10th, which is all that is required so far. In looking ahead yesterday, I saw that his math curriculum begins addition and counting by tens next week. I was in a panic about starting 2 new concepts without fully grasping ordinal numbers, then pairing that with counting days of the week by using ordinal numbers....well, he was struggling. But today, it just seemed to CLICK! He whizzed through his practice worksheets (Thanks to Carla C., another homeschooling mom, for the tips on extra printable practice sheets) and finished his math page in record time. Whew! Relief. I have to say, this kid will be far ahead of where I was in Kindergarten by the end of the year. Its amazing how different education is today as compared to, well, a long time ago. :)

TTFN,
Mrs. Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment